If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
From SKYbrary Wiki
Revision as of 08:47, 2 August 2017 by Editor1
Runway safety embraces all mattters concerned with the identification and prevention of hazards that might impede the safe take off, taxiing and landing at an aerodrome of all types of aircraft.
The following are the most important areas of concern:
- Airport Surface Management & Safety, including:
- Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control Systems (A-SMGCS)
- Safety Nets;
- Low Visibility Procedures (LVP);
- Surface Movement Radar Assessment;
- Foreign Object Debris (FOD);
- Vehicle Guidance & Human Machine Interface developments
- Runway Incursion prevention;
- Local Runway Safety Teams (LRSTs);
- Training for Airport Surface Operations;
- Aerodrome Resource Management.