If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
International Air Transport Association (IATA)
From SKYbrary Wiki
IATA (International Air Transport Association)
IATA is an international trade body, created over 60 years ago by a group of airlines. Today, IATA represents some 250 airlines comprising 94% of the international scheduled air traffic. The organisation also represents, leads and serves the airline industry in general.
IATA Flight Safety Activities
IATA is very active in promoting flight safety, particularly in the following areas:
- Safety Statistics Analysis
- Safety Auditing, including the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) programme.
- Infrastructure Safety. IATA has been a consistent supporter of EUROCONTROL Safety Improvement Initiatives such as the European Action Plan for the Prevention of Runway Incursions (EAPRI) and the Level Bust Toolkit.
- Safety Data Management & Analysis, including STEADES (Safety Trend Evaluation and Analysis Data Exchange System) and the provision of a Flight Data Analysis (FDA) service.
- Integrated Airline Management System, providing courses in safety management systems.
- Flying Operations.
- Cargo & Dangerous Goods Safety
IATA has also been actively involved in the promotion of the Global Aviation Safety Road Map (GASR)