If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
Difference between revisions of "Help:ICAO Search and Solution Centre"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This is the Help Page for
This is the Help Page for ICAO and .
[http://.skybrary.aero/ ICAO Search] is currently under development and is available as a prototype. ICAO and (or ICAO search) is one of the SKYbrary Solutions.
== ICAO Search ==
== ICAO Search ==
The current [http://
The current [http://.skybrary.aero/ prototype] demonstrates the capability to [http://.skybrary.aero/searchDb.php?key=hot+spot+chart search] through ICAO safety related documents, such as Air Traffic Management, Procedures for Air Navigation Services (Doc 4444).
== Result types ==
== Result types ==
Revision as of 17:03, 16 April 2010
This is the Help Page for SKYbrary's ICAO SARPs and PANS search.
ICAO SARPs and PANS Search is currently under development and is available as a prototype. ICAO SARPs and PANS search (or ICAO search) is one of the SKYbrary Solutions.
ICAO search delivers two types of results:
- Exact Matches: paragraphs that contain the exact wording or phrase entered
- AND Matches: paragraphs that contain one or more of the words entered
NB: Word and wording means literally the character sequences entered. E.g. program is not equal to programme, procedure is not equal to procedures and work is not equal to working or worked.
The resultlist is subdivided in two lists:
- an Exact Match list on top and
- an AND Match list below.
Either list sorts results per ICAO document processed and per document in a top-down order (Chapter 1 to end of document).
- ICAO search considers every word you enter. Documents are rarely about "the", "a", "an", etcetera, hence it is advised to omit these.
- Web search engines support the usage of operators like: AND, OR, NOT, "", - and +. ICAO search does not support these.
- ICAO search is not case-sensitive
- Think how the procedure or guideline you are looking for will be written. The search engine is not a human, it is a program that matches the words you give to paragraphs in documents. Use the words that are most likely to appear in the documents.
Why does it retrieve paragraphs instead of pages?
ICAO search is not authorised to provide full pages or documents. The ICAO documents are stored as paragraphs, definitions and notes in the SKYbrary ICAO SARPS database. Hence search results will be quite precise, instead of showing a page, a specific paragraph will be shown.
The prototype enables searching through the following ICAO safety related documents:
- Convention on International Civil Aviation. Ninth Edition - 2006
- Annex 1 - Personnel Licensing
- Annex 2 - Rules of the Air
- Annex 3 - Meteorological Service for International Air Navigation
- Annex 4 - Aeronautical Charts
- Annex 5 - Units of Measurement to be Used in Air and Ground Operations
- Annex 6, Part I - International Commercial Air Transport - Aeroplanes
- Annex 6, Part II - International General Aviation - Aeroplanes
- Annex 6, Part III - International Operations - Helicopters
- Annex 7 - Aircraft Registration
- Annex 8 - Airworthiness of Aircraft
- Annex 9 - Facilitation
- Annex 10, Volume I - Radio Navigation Aids
- Annex 10, Volume II - Communication procedures
- Annex 10, Volume III - Communication systems
- Annex 10, Volume IV - Surveillance and Collision Avoidance Systems
- Annex 10, Volume V - Aeronautical Radio Frequency Spectrum Utilization
- Annex 11 - Air Traffic Services
- Annex 12 - Search and Rescue
- Annex 13 - Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation
- Annex 14, Volume I - Aerodrome Design and Operations
- Annex 14, Volume II - Heliports
- Annex 15 - Aeronautical Information Services
- Annex 16, Volume I - Aircraft Noise
- Annex 16, Volume II - Aircraft Engine Emissions
- Annex 17 - Security
- Annex 18 - The Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air
- Doc 4444 - PANS ATM
- Doc 7030, Part I - AFI Regions
- Doc 7030, Part II - CAR Region
- Doc 7030, Part III - EUR Region
- Doc 7030, Part IV - MID/ASIA Region
- Doc 7030, Part V - NAM Region
- Doc 7030, Part VI - NAT Region
- Doc 7030, Part VII - PAC Region
- Doc 7030, Part VIII - SAM Region
- Doc 8168, Volume I - Flight procedures
- Doc 8168, Volume II - Construction of Visual and Instrument Flight Procedures, Part I
- Doc 8168, Volume II - Construction of Visual and Instrument Flight Procedures, Part II
- Doc 8168, Volume II - Construction of Visual and Instrument Flight Procedures, Part III
- Doc 8168, Volume II - Construction of Visual and Instrument Flight Procedures, Part IV
- Doc 8335 - Manual of Procedures for Operations Inspection, Certification and Continued Surveillance
- Doc 9426 - ATS Planning Manual, Part I
- Doc 9426 - ATS Planning Manual, Part II
- Doc 9426 - ATS Planning Manual, Part III
- Doc 9426 - ATS Planning Manual, Part IV
- Doc 9426 - ATS Planning Manual, Part V
- Doc 9734, Part A - State Safety Oversight System
- Doc 9734, Part B - Regional Safety Oversight System
- Doc 9734, Part C - State Aviation Security Oversight System
- Doc 9803 - Line Operations Safety Audit
- Doc 9830 - Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control Systems Manual
- Doc 9870 - Manual on the Prevention of Runway Incursions
Back to ICAO SARPs and PANS Search.