From SKYbrary Wiki
TXI: Taxi - The aircraft is moving on the aerodrome surface under its own power prior to takeoff or after landing.
This phase of flight includes the following sub-phases:
- Taxi to Runway: Commences when the aircraft begins to move under its own power leaving the gate, ramp, apron, or parking area, and terminates upon reaching the runway.
- Taxi to Takeoff Position: From entering the runway until reaching the takeoff position.
- Taxi from Runway: Begins upon exiting the landing runway and terminates upon arrival at the gate, ramp, apron, or parking area, when the aircraft ceases to move under its own power.
- Throughout this document the term runway or landing area is taken in its broadest sense and includes runways, landing strips, waterways, unimproved landing areas, and landing pads, (which may include offshore platforms, building roofs, roads, ships, and fields), or other intended landing areas.
- Taxiing includes air taxiing for rotorcraft