From SKYbrary Wiki
SEC: Security related - Criminal/Security acts which result in accidents or incidents (per the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 13).
- While security related acts can lead to accidents as defined as by ICAO Annex 13, they are not considered accidents by some organizations. Regardless, these events have similar consequences in that they result in serious injury or death to person(s) and/or substantial damage to the aircraft. For these reasons, they are categorized as security-related occurrences for prevention purposes only.
- Examples include:
- a) hijacking and/or aircraft theft;
- b) interference with a crewmember (e.g., unruly passengers);
- c) flight control interference;
- d) ramp/runway/taxiway security;
- e) sabotage;
- f) suicide; and
- g) acts of war.