If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
SE212: Area Navigation (RNAV) – Equipment and Procedures to Improve Route Entry for RNAV Departures
From SKYbrary Wiki
|Category:||CAST SE Plan|
The purpose of this Safety Enhancement is to reduce the frequency of crew errors during initial Flight Management System (FMS) programming of departure routes, regulators and Air Carriers take steps to address issues concerning pre-departure clearances (PDC) and pre-departure route changes.
- Improve the likelihood that air carrier dispatch files a route that is not changed in the cleared route of flight. (Output 1)
- Standardize PDC format, with PDC changes from the flight plan clearly alerted in a consistent manner. (Output 2)
- Implement tower ability to provide Data Communications Clearance Delivery (DCL) and encourage operator deployment of the capability to autoload pre-departure route clearances, with crew acknowledgement, into the FMS. (Output 3)
Related Implementation Plan
FAA Order 7110.113E, Procedures for Issuing Automated Clearances, was revised to standardize the format of pre-departure clearances. This completes Output 2 of the SE.
Related Safety Enhancements
- SE213: Area Navigation (RNAV) – Safe Operating and Design Practices for STARs and RNAV Departures
- SE214: Area Navigation (RNAV) – Procedures and Standards to Improve Path Compliance for STARs and RNAV Departures