If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
From SKYbrary Wiki
SCF-PP: Powerplant failure or malfunction - Failure or malfunction of an aircraft system or component - related to the powerplant.
- If the failure renders the aircraft uncontrollable it is coded as SCF-PP only, not as loss of control (LOC-I or LOC-G). However, if the failure does not render the aircraft uncontrollable, but leads to a loss of control, code the event under both SCF-PP and LOC-I or LOC-G, as appropriate.
- Includes failures or malfunctions of any of the following: propellers, rotors, propeller/main rotor drive train (gearbox, transmission), reversers, and powerplant controls.
- Includes powerplant parts or pieces separating from a powerplant.
- Includes all failures/malfunctions, including those related to or caused by maintenance issues.
- Rotorcraft cyclic, collective and tail rotor drive and control failures or malfunctions are coded as non-powerplant failures (SCF-NP), not SCF-PP.
- The following fuel-related powerplant problems are coded under the category FUEL, not under the category SCF-PP: fuel exhaustion; fuel starvation/mismanagement; fuel contamination; wrong fuel; carburettor and induction icing.