If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
SCF-NP: System/component failure or malfunction (non-powerplant) - Failure or malfunction of an aircraft system or component - other than the powerplant.
- If the failure renders the aircraft uncontrollable it is coded as SCF-NP only, not as loss of control (LOC-I or LOC-G). However, if the failure does not render the aircraft uncontrollable, but leads to a loss of control, code the event under both SCF-NP and LOC-I or LOC-G, as appropriate.
- Rotorcraft cyclic, collective, and tail rotor drive and control system failures/malfunctions are also coded here.
- Includes errors or failures in software and database systems.
- Includes non-powerplant parts or pieces separating from an aircraft.
- Includes all failures/malfunctions, including those related to or caused by maintenance issues.