From SKYbrary Wiki
In the interests of safe and efficient operation, JAR-OPS 1 requires that:
- "The operator must have nominated post holders, acceptable to the Authority, who are responsible for the management and supervision of the following areas,
- (1) Flight operations;
- (2) The maintenance system;
- (3) Crew training; and
- (4) Ground operations." (JAR-OPS 1.175(i))
as a condition of the granting and continueance of an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) (AOC).
Nominated postholders should:
- Possess the appropriate practical experience and licenses required for them to carry out their duties;
- Have practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices;
- Have comprehensive knowledge of relevant JAA regulations and the operator's operational policies and practices; and,
- Have familiarity with Quality Systems.
ACJ OPS 1.175 gives detailed specifications of the required levels of competency for a post-holder.
JAR-OPS, especially JAR-OPS 1.175 and ACJ 1.075.