International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers' Associations (IFATCA)
From SKYbrary Wiki
The International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers' Associations (IFATCA) is the worldwide organization representing more than fifty thousand air traffic controllers in over 130 countries.
The membership of IFATCA is comprised predominantly of the Member Associations from each country and their individual members.
The goals of the Federation are:
- To promote safety, efficiency, and regularity in international air navigation.
- To assist and advise in the development of safe and orderly systems of air traffic control and new procedures and facilities.
- To promote and uphold a high standard of knowledge and professional efficiency among air traffic controllers.
- To closely cooperate with international and national aviation authorities and institutions concerned with air navigation.
- To sponsor and support the passage of legislation and regulations which will increase and protect the safety of air navigation.
- To strive for a world-wide federation of Air Traffic Controllers’ Associations.
These goals are achieved by conferences and regional meetings, workshops, publications and safety alerts.
Refer to the IFATCA website