ICAO Member States USOAP Status
From SKYbrary Wiki
Air transport is a very safe mode of public transport.
The safety of air transport is regulated and monitored by individual States. This regulatory role is referred to as safety oversight. In most cases, an air carrier is overseen by the country on which it depends, which is generally the country in which it is based. Other countries can also carry out additional checks on a carrier's aircraft, but cannot exercise the oversight role of the country in which the carrier is based. .
The International Civil Aviation Organization, which is the specialised agency of the United Nations responsible for international civil aviation, audits individual countries' capability to carry out their safety oversight role. This capability is assessed on the basis of 8 critical elements.
The "USOAP State results" section below list presents for each ICAO Member State:
- the final audit report with all audit findings; and
- a summary graph comparing per critical element the results of each State in relation to the global average,
provided the audit report is finalized and that the State agreed to the publication of that information.
If the safety oversight capability of a country presents serious deficiencies, there is uncertainty regarding the safety of the carriers overseen by that country.
USOAP State Results
|Status Chart||State||Initial Audit||Follow-up Audit||Report||Language|
|Albania USOAP Status||Albania||1 December 2009|
|Argentina USOAP Status||Argentina||25 November 2008|
|Australia USOAP Status||Australia||18 February 2008||http://www.icao.int/FSIX/AuditReps/CSAfinal/Australia USOAP Final Report en.pdf||English|
|Brazil USOAP Status||Brazil||4 May 2009|
|China USOAP Status||China||20 March 2007|
|Costa Rica USOAP Status||Costa Rica||10 January 2006||http://www.icao.int/FSIX/AuditReps/CSAfinal/Costa rica Final Audit Report sp.pdf||Spanish|
|Egypt USOAP Status||Egypt||14 November 2005|
|France USOAP Status||France||3 June 2008||http://www.icao.int/FSIX/AuditReps/CSAfinal/France Final CSA Report fr.pdf||French|
- Work in progress:ICAO Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme (USOAP)
- ICAO USOAP and Safety Performance
- ICAO Representative Protocol Questions (PQs)
- ICAO Doc. 9734 - Safety Oversight Manual, Part A;
- ICAO integrated Safety Trend Analysis and Reporting System (iSTARS)
- ^ The 8 critical elements are: (1) Primary Legislation; (2) Operating Regulations; (3) Organization & Safety Oversight Functions; (4) Technical Experts Training; (5) Guidance Procedures & Information; (6) Licensing & Certification Obligations; (7) Surveillance & Inspection Obligations; (8) Resolution of Safety Concerns.