If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
ICAO Annexes and Doc Series
From SKYbrary Wiki
ICAO SARPS (Standards and Recommended Practices) for each area of ICAO responsibility are contained in 19 Annexes. Each Annex deals with a particular subject area. All are subject to regular amendment and the detail in respect of many of them is contained in publications in the numbered ICAO Document Series.
The ICAO Annexes
The Annexes are:
- Annex 1 - Personnel Licensing
- Annex 2 - Rules of the Air
- Annex 3 - Meteorological Services
- Annex 4 - Aeronautical Charts
- Annex 5 - Units of Measurement
- Annex 6 - Operation of Aircraft
- Annex 7 - Aircraft Nationality and Registration Marks
- Annex 8 - Airworthiness of Aircraft
- Annex 9 - Facilitation
- Annex 10 - Aeronautical Telecommunications
- Annex 11 - Air Traffic Services
- Annex 12 - Search and Rescue
- Annex 13 - Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation
- Annex 14 - Aerodromes
- Annex 15 - Aeronautical Information Services
- Annex 16 - Environmental Protection
- Annex 17 - Security
- Annex 18 - The Safe Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Air
- Annex 19 - Safety Management
Annexes 2, 5, 7 & 8 contain international standards and no recommended practices (RPs). The remaining 15 Annexes contain both.
Contracting States are required to give notification of differences to standards, and invited to notify differences from Recommended Practices in Annexes. This information is then listed in Supplements to the Annexes.
It should be noted that ICAO Standards do not preclude the development of national standards which may be more stringent than those contained in an Annex.
For short descriptions of Annexes 1 through 18, click here.
The Doc Series
The ICAO Documents cover a range of matters from regulation to guidance. Some are free of charge while others are only obtainable at a fee.
To access the Documents, visit ICAO’s website. Some of ICAO's publications are free to access.