If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
Flight Safety Foundation (FSF)
From SKYbrary Wiki
The Flight Safety Foundation (FSF)
The following is based on information taken from the Flight Safety Foundation website at the time when this article was last edited.
"The Foundation is an international non-profit organization whose sole purpose is to provide impartial, independent, expert safety guidance and resources for the aviation and aerospace industry".
The Foundation’s Mission Statement is to "be the leading voice of safety for the global aviation community" - to:
- Promote and facilitate the global application of leading aviation safety assessments, standards and practices.
- Develop global solutions to key aviation safety challenges.
- Disseminate interpretive and educational aviation safety materials worldwide, focusing principal efforts on community members with the most urgent needs.
- Be the constant and forceful “Just Culture” advocate for all global aviation community members.
- Provide opportunities for the members of the global community to come together, interact and learn from each other.
- Represent the global aviation community on safety matters with news media, industry and government groups and the general public.
The Foundation is affiliated to FSF International(FSFI), FSF-West Africa, FSF-Taiwan and FSF, South East Europe-Middle East-Cyprus. It works with these and other organisations to improve flight safety. FSF support includes the promotion of joint safety meetings, which have in the past been held in association with IATA, the International Federation of Airworthiness (IFA), the NBAA, FSF-CIS [Commonwealth of Independent States] and the French National Academy of Air and Space.
The FSF also publishes the magazine Aero Safety World for Members. The FSF has engaged in a number of technical initiatives such as the Approach and Landing Accident Reduction (ALAR) project and the Ground Accident Prevention (GAP) project.
The flight Safety Foundation holds several safety events each year, including the International Air Safety Summit (IASS). The Flight Safety Foundation is also a co-sponsor of the annual Safety Forum.
For further information, visit Flight Safety Foundation.