If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
EXTL: External load related occurrences - Occurrences during or as a result of external load or external cargo operations.
- Includes cases where external load or the load lifting equipment used (e.g. long line, cable) contacts terrain, water surface or objects.
- Includes cases where the load or, in the absence of a load, the load lifting equipment strikes or becomes entangled with the main rotor, tail rotor, or the helicopter fuselage.
- Includes injuries to ground crew handling external loads as result of contact with/dropping/inadvertent release of external load.
- Includes ground injuries to ground crew handling external loads due to the downwash effect or falling branch, trees etc.
- Includes external hoist, human external cargo, long lines.
- If the preparation of the external load by ground crew played a role, also code under RAMP.
- Failures or malfunctions of the onboard external load handling lifting equipment or release systems should be coded under SCF-NP, as these are considered to be aircraft systems.