If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
From SKYbrary Wiki
Ground Operations involves all aspects of aircraft handling at the airport, as well as aircraft movement around the aerodrome except on active runways. The safety challenges of ground operations are partly associated directly with those operations; for example, ensuring that aircraft are not involved in collisions and that the jet efflux from large aircraft does not endanger small ones. Even more important, ground operations are about preparing aircraft for departure in such a way that the subsequent flight will be safe; for example, correct loading of cargo and baggage, sufficient and verified fuel of adequate quantity and quality and the correct use of ground deicing and anti-icing facilities, where appropriate.
For further, general information, on this category, see the entry article "Ground Operations"
Pages in category "Ground Operations"
The following 70 pages are in this category, out of 70 total.
- Accident and Serious Incident Reports: GND
- Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (A-SMGCS)
- Aerodrome Lighting
- Aircraft Ground Damage
- Aircraft Ground De/Anti-Icing
- Aircraft Ground Running
- Aircraft Load and Trim
- Aircraft Tie Down
- Aircraft Towing
- Airside driving (SKYclip)
- ATC Clearance Delivery
- ATC Radio Use by Airside Vehicles
- Automatic Terminal Information Service (ATIS)
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) in Airline Operations and Maintenance
- Ramp Resource Management
- Reduced Aerodrome Visibility Conditions (RAVC)
- Refuelling and Defuelling Risks
- Refuelling with Passengers on Board
- Remote Tower Service
- Rescue and Fire Fighting Services
- Runway Arrestor Gear Systems
- Runway De-icing
- Runway Incursion
- Runway Surface Condition Reporting
- Runway/Taxiway Construction Risks