If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
CTOL: Collision with obstacle(s) during take-off and landing - Collision with obstacle(s), during take-off or landing whilst airborne.
- To be used only in cases where the crew was aware of the true location of the obstacle, but its clearance from the aircraft flightpath was inadequate.
- Includes contact with obstacles, such as vegetation, trees and walls, snow drifts, power cables, telegraph wires and antennae, offshore platforms, maritime vessels and structures, land structures and buildings.
- Includes collisions during take-off to and landing from the hover.
- Includes water obstacles during take-off from water (e.g. waves, dead-heads, ships, swimmers).
- Not to be used for occurrences classified under CFIT, LOC-I or SCF-PP.