If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
Automatic Safety Monitoring Tool (ASMT)
From SKYbrary Wiki
The Automatic Safety Monitoring Tool (ASMT) was developed by the EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre (EEC), in co-operation with the Maastricht Upper Airspace Centre, for pilot operational use in 2000. It is also being used as part of the real time ATM simulation facilities at the EEC.
The ASMT provides an automatic monitoring facility for safety related occurrences based on operational data. It detects and categorises each occurrence for assessment by trained operational experts. The tool can help determine causes and assist in the evolution of local procedures, airspace design, equipment and techniques. ASMT collects proximity-related occurrences. It will begin collecting Airborne Collision Avoidance System (ACAS) occurrences through Mode-S stations, altitude deviations, runway incursions, airspace penetrations, and route deviations.
- GAIN - Methods & Tools for Safety Analysis in Air Traffic Management
- Safety Tools Complementarity in the context of FAB
- Automatic Safety Monitoring Tool- Safety Performance Monitoring in FAB Context
- ASMT v5: Safety Tools to Support SMS-Implementation at Regional Level
- ASMT-Considerations for FAB Implementation
- Automatic Tools in Support of ATM Performance ASMT Application to the validation of airspace design at ROMATSA, 2011