If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
Achievement of Contingency Planning
From SKYbrary Wiki
|Category:||ANS Contingency Planning|
Achievement verifies that the detailed means for translating contingency plans into reality are effectively in place. It covers testing, exercising, maintaining and reviewing the various contingency plans and raising awareness of contingency within ANSPs.
The aim of the achievement phase in the contingency planning process is to provide sufficient assurances to stakeholders that it will be possible to implement specified plans in the event of contingency operations.
The activities to be performed at this phase are:
- Test, exercise and validate that the planned contingency measures could be executed and are efficient.
- Ensure that the Human related aspects (license, training, competence scheme) are in place to provide the required services in contingency situations.
- Check feasibility and acceptance of staff relocation arrangements.
- Check security aspects.
- Maintain preparedness for contingency situations.
- Contingency Process
- Engineering Aspects of Contingency
- Training for Contingency Operations
- Testing and Exercising
- Human Factors in Contingency
- Promotion in Contingency
- Security Management for Contingency
- For further information on Contingency Planning see the EUROCONTROL, Guidelines for Contingency Planning for Air Navigation Services (including Service Continuity) In particular, Chapter 7.
- Achievement, Execution, Assurance and Promotion of Contingency Informations related to achievement of contingency ( exercise, training, testing, execution) can be found here.
- See also the EUROCONTROL Reference Guide to EUROCONTROL Guidelines for Contingency Planning In particular, section 7 as well as the Annex on Achievement.