Published in June 2017, HindSight 25 focused on the potential gap between work-as-imagined and work-as-done.
HindSight 25 Articles
- Foreword: by Frank Brenner.
- Greetings!, by Steven Shorrock.
- Invitation, participation, connection, by Steven Shorrock.
From the briefing room
- Can we ever imagine how work is done?, by Erik Hollnagel.
- Safety is in the eye of the beholder. The “put-yourself-in-other’s-shoes” concept for safety culture, by Florence-Marie Jegoux, Ludovic Mieusset and Sébastien Follet.
- Improving runway operations from a car park, by Sebastian Daeunert.
- Can competence assessment be used to understand normal work?, by Anne-Mette Petri and Anthony Smoker.
- Work-as-done by controllers: A practical approach in the ops room, by Guadalupe Cortés Obrero.
- Routine maintenance and routine operations: it takes two to tango, by Maria Kovacova.
- ‘Safety Holmes’: a dramatised investigation to bring safety to Life, by István Hegedus.
- The hidden obvious, by Paula Santos and João Esteves.
- Work-as-imagined, work-as-done: A safety management reality check for regulators, by Don Arendt.
- Work-as-imagined, work-as-done, and the rule of law, by Massimo Scarabello.
Views from above
- Imagine reality, by Wolfgang Starke.
- Fatigue management: Procedure vs practice, by Nick Carpenter and Ann Bicknell.
- Expertise and compliance, by Antonio Chialastri.
- Guiding the practice: The 4Ps, by Immanuel Barshi, Asaf Degani, Robert Mauro and Loukia Loukopoulou.
Views from elsewhere
- “I wouldn’t have done what they did”, by Martin Bromiley.
- Imagining work-as-done in simulation:Lessons from healthcare, by Michael Moneypenny.
- The problem of many imaginations, by Suzette Woodward.
And now from something completely different...
- A plot twist at the Oscars, by Steven Shorrock.
- Proactive safety with ground handling teams... And pigs might fly!, by Anne Isaac, Jason Cawdron and Harry Harrad.
- We should always have it both ways, by Jean-Jacques Speyer.
- Special section on Regulation 376/2014 and the law of unintended consequences
Register to Receive Your Copy of HindSight Magazine
Register here for a hardcopy of HindSight magazine to be sent to you by post every time a new edition is published