If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
From SKYbrary Wiki
65.531998 m215 ft
|Coordinates||74° 43' 1" N, 94° 58' 10" W|
| All Airports
|CEB5, CFH4, CFK4, CYAM, CYAW, CYBG, CYCH, CYCZ, CYDF, CYEG, CYEU, CYEV, CYFB, CYFC, CYFS, CYGK, CYGL, CYHM, CYHY, CYHZ, CYIO, CYJT, CYKA, CYKZ, CYLL, CYLT, CYLW, CYMX, CYOO, CYOW, CYPA, CYPQ, CYPT, CYPX, CYQA, CYQB, CYQH, CYQL, CYQM, CYQQ, CYQR, CYQT, CYQU, CYQX, CYQY, CYRB, CYRT, CYSB, CYSJ, CYSM|
|Station||Resolute, N. W. T.|
|Date/Time||25 May 2013 06:00:00|
|Wind speed||02 kts|
|Tag(s)||Non Avian Wildlife Hazards to Aircraft|
|Tag(s)||Altimeter Temperature Error Correction|
|Tag(s)||Aircraft Ground De/Anti Icing|
|Tag(s)||Foreign Object Debris|
ICAO: CYRB IATA: YRB
Airport serving Resolute, Nunavut.
Tundra climate (Köppen climate classification ET) - warmest month has an average temperature of 0 - 10 degrees C.
Flight Safety Considerations
- Non Avian Wildlife Hazards to Aircraft, usually involve ground dwelling mammals, which limits the potential consequences of impact, but bats - the only flying mammals - are a notable and occasionally significant exception.
- Altimeter Temperature Error Correction, is applied to altimeters to compensate for error caused by deviation from ISA conditions.
- Aircraft Ground De/Anti Icing, procedures serve three purposes: removal of any frozen or semi frozen moisture from critical external surfaces of an aircraft on the ground prior to flight; and/or, protection of those surfaces from the effects of such contaminant for the period between treatment and becoming airborne; and/or, removal of any frozen or semi frozen moisture from engine intakes and fan blades and protection of external surfaces from subsequent contamination prior to takeoff.
- Foreign Object Debris, (FOD) at airports includes any object found in an inappropriate location that, as a result of being in that location, can damage equipment or injure personnel.
- Fog, is effectively surface cloud and has a significant impact on the conduct of flying operations particularly landing and take-off.
Accidents & Serious Incidents at or in vicinity of CYRB
None on SKYbrary